- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs1 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt9 (1.5 oz. each) KIT KAT® Bars, unwrappe
- Cheesecake layer (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan. Grease foil.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with spoon or wirewhisk. Add eggs; stir until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie starts to pull away from side of pan. Meanwhile make cheesecake layer.
- Immediately after removing brownie from oven, place KIT KAT® Bars over brownie surface. Spoon cheesecake mixture over bars; spread evenly. Return to oven; continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side
of pan. Cool 2 hours. Cover; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until bars are thoroughly chilled. Cut into bars. Allow bars to soften slightly before serving. Cover; store leftover bars in refrigerator. Makes about 24 bars.
Cheesecake layer: Beat 3 packages (8 oz. each) softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth in large mixer bowl. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.